E-commerce is called electronic commerce. This is processes of buying and selling of products and services online on the Internet. Ecommerce allows consumers to electronically exchange goods and services with no barriers of time or distance. Web commerce has expanded rapidly over the past decade and is predicted to continue at this rate, or even accelerate. Ecommerce is the best option for online selling taking into consideration that it is a billion dollar industry with never-ending online store and online buyers. Various reasons can be attributed to it like People have easy access to the Internet. They can very easily compare and study products they plan to buy without going anywhere. Furthermore when they buy online they get great bargains.
Ecommerce or online stores allow you to find something that is up for sale even other side of the world. Ecommerce a really good option as you don't need to step out of your home especially considering the busy lifestyle everyone has these days as sitting home you can compare products or services you want to buy. Same way Ecommerce benefits the sellers too as they don’t need as many resources and money. You can start small even start home based online business. Online store need less amount of investment less start up work, no need to invest in the interior design, rent, staff, electricity, water, and other things.
Selling and buying over the Internet is in itself is a good example of e-commerce. The world market is absorbing the large-scale electronic commerce. Web Commerce fundamentals are based on security, encryption, currencies and electronic payments. It also involves research, development, marketing, advertising, trading, sales, and support. The customer most often pays only for the shipping of the products they purchase, thereby reducing or completely eliminating the high mailing and printing costs. It also results in dropdown in the cost of promotional material marketing. This denotes that most of the companies notice the increase in sales brought about by the e-commerce which typically mean increase in the profits.
A business that is using an e-commerce website will have a basket that lets you send products to it, so you can later buy the product online. So if you create an e-commerce website it will save you valuable time and would bring you more customers. Also it will be able to access 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. While using an e-commerce website you will radically reduce the amount of paperwork. Using e-commerce you can pay by using all kind of credit cards. That allows you to buy products online and if needed you can return the product you bought. The other advantage of moving the business online is that the company has the flexibility to target on the market segments. With this the company can focus on selected group of customers and provide them with whatever they want, to satisfy their needs. Customer customization is one of the advantages of e-commerce.
E-commerce can provide the following benefits over non-electronic commerce:
- Ecommerce allows you to carry out businesses without the barriers of time or distance. One can log on to the Internet at any point of time, be it day or night and purchase or sell anything one wishes at a single click of the mouse.
- The direct order taken from a web site is lower than traditional means i.e. retail, paper based, as there is no human interaction during the on-line electronic purchase order process.
- Another important benefit of Ecommerce is that it is the cheapest means of doing business.
- Reduced costs by reducing labour, reduced paper work, reduced errors in keying in data, reduce post costs.
- Flexibility with efficiency. The ability to handle complex situations.
- Lock in Customers. The closer you are to your customer and the more you work with them to change from normal business practices to best practice e-commerce the harder it is for a competitor to upset your customer relationship.
- New Markets. The Internet has the potential to expand your business into wider geographical locations.
- Operational benefits of the Ecommerce include reducing both the time and personnel required to complete business processes.